According to recent government figures, almost 40% of people in the UK over 65 have a limiting long-term health condition such as diabetes or heart disease. It's quite a startling figure. It's also one we can reduce significantly if we all take better care of ourselves when we are younger.
This is because many of these conditions link back to unhealthy lifestyle choices. These include smoking, drinking too much alcohol, and eating foods high in fats and sugars.
Maintaining a healthy diet is, therefore, key to staying fit and healthy for longer. The key to a healthy diet is ensuring you get the right vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients, whether that's in the food you eat or the supplements you take. In fact, supplements should be on everyone's shopping list, along with a good mix of fruits, vegetables, whole foods, and quality proteins. Because, while they might seem like a luxury when money is tight, the long-term benefits to your health are well worth the investment.
Supplements To Suit Every Budget And Lifestyle
At Inspired Health, we have supplements for every budget and every lifestyle designed to help you maintain your physical and mental health. For example:
If your budget is £25 a month
Try One Nutrition Vegan Complete Multi-Vitamin with Omegas, which costs £21.99 for a 30-day supply. Veganism is more popular than ever nowadays. And it's no surprise because of the health benefits it can bring.
At the same time, those following vegan diets can sometimes struggle to maintain the right level of essential nutrients, especially B vitamins and vitamin D. One Nutrition Vegan Complete provides the mix of vitamins B3, B6, B12 and D3 that vegans need, along with iron, zinc, folate, iodine, and selenium to help maintain energy levels.
If your budget is £50 a month
With £50 a month to spend, try combining One Nutrition Vegan Complete with:
- Udo's Choice Adults Blend Microbiotic for better gut health With their Adults Blend Microbiotics, Udo's Choice combines six bacterial strains that reflect the friendly bacteria that's you find in the digestive tract. They support proper digestion and a strong immune function, reducing digestive issues. One month's supply is £14.99.
- One Nutrition Revive & Go Immunity to help maintain healthy bones, cartilage, skin and teeth. Revive & Go contains a gentle blend of Vitamin C (known as Ester C), which stays in the system longer, making it ideal for sensitive stomachs. As a result, it provides a high level of immune and antioxidant support. One month's supply is £11.99.
If your budget is £100 a month
With £100 a month to spend, try combining Udo's Choice Adults Blend Microbiotic with:
- Udo's Choice Ultimate Oil Blend which contains Omega 3, 6, and 9 in the ideal ratio to maintain healthy cholesterol levels. The Omega oils are cold-pressed and plant-based and carefully chosen to optimise health and wellbeing. Add the oil to food or drink right before serving. One month's supply is £12.99.
- Udo's Choice Beyond Greens, which helps with digestion. Beyond greens is a vegan supplement that contains protein, enzymes, vitamins B12 and K, essential acids, iron and iodine. The greens include grasses, green vegetables and superfoods such as spirulina that reduce indigestion, gas and bloating. Mix them with water, put them in a smoothie or add them to your baking. 125g bag is £16.99.
- Manuka Health MGO 250+ Manuka Honey which has a range of benefits not found in other honeys. It is, for example, a natural anti-inflammatory that boosts a body's overall health. It has also been shown to reduce acid reflux and support digestion by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Manuka Health MGO 250+ Manuka Honey has a wonderfully smooth texture and can be eaten on its own or added to food. A 250g jar is £30.49 and should last at least a month.
- One Nutrition Macu Complete which helps protect your eyes and eyesight thanks to a unique combination of Omega 3 EPHA and DHA blended with Vitamin C. In addition, Macu Complete contains lutein, meso-zeaxanthin, and zeaxanthin, all of which are known to support good eye health, as well as zinc and copper. One month's supply is £19.99.
Finding The Right Supplements For Your Budget
Regardless of your budget or your lifestyle, there is a supplement or combination of supplements that will work for you. For more information on the one's we've looked at, or if you are interested in other ways supplements can improve your health and wellbeing, explore our website for more advice and guidance.