The menopause can be a challenging experience for most women. Whilst individual supplements can often help to provide some relief, using a combination of products can provide a solution to dealing with several symptoms associated with the menopause. Using a collection of nutrients that work well together can be the key to symptom alleviation, so we asked Savant’s Nutritionist, Katie, to come up with her top recommendations in terms of which bundle of products could help our customers deal with menopausal issues.
The answer? A combination of the following products: One Nutrition Ocean Mag, One Nutrition Ashwagandha, and Cleanmarine Menomin.
Why Do the Supplements Work So Well Together?
Each of the following supplements could help to combat a number of symptoms associated with the menopause, and when put together, can work in a variety of ways, and within different systems. The supplement combination chosen by Katie can be used to support Hormone Replacement Therapy, with many women finding the supplements beneficial whilst undergoing HRT.
The aim with combining products is to increase the chance of relief for those seeking support. In the following section, we’ll break down the benefits of each supplement, which together cover most of the issues often associated with the menopause.
One Nutrition Ocean Mag
Magnesium is an essential nutrient that is needed for hundreds of processes and can be lacking in our daily diets. One Nutrition Ocean Mag is a supplement that contains 100% naturally occurring magnesium. Some of the key benefits of using One Nutrition Ocean Mag include the following:
- Naturally occurring magnesium hydroxide is a highly bioavailable form of magnesium. Each serving of ¼ tsp delivers 438mg of magnesium, so much less needs to be taken compared to other magnesium powders.
- This supplement is tasteless, making it an easy supplement to take or for those who wish to hide it in food and drinks for easier consumption.
- Ocean Mag is recommended for people who want to easily supplement their magnesium intake in a natural form. It’s also recommended for those who are concerned about magnesium deficiency, are showing the symptoms of low magnesium, or whose lifestyle could lead to a greater need for magnesium.
Why Do We Need Magnesium?
- Magnesium helps the body to maintain a balanced stress response.
- Multiple studies have now demonstrated improved stress response, anti-depressant, and anti-anxiety effects of magnesium supplementation.
- Deficiency can lead to a reduction in bone mass, as well as a change in the function of vitamin D and parathyroid hormone, which are both necessary for bone health.
- During menopause, it is important to keep bones strong and prevent osteoporosis or the weakening of bones.
- Magnesium is also a fundamental part of adenosine triphosphate production (ATP), the compound that provides energy to cells.
- Postmenopausal women are at a higher risk of low magnesium levels, it is important for women to pay attention to this mineral to support their heart health.
- Magnesium may also reduce unwanted side effects of menopause, such as difficulty sleeping and depression while supporting heart health.
One Nutrition Ashwagandha
One Nutrition Ashwagandha contains 600mg of clinically tested KSM-66 ashwagandha, along with the high strength and highly bioavailable zinc picolinate and magnesium for tailored support for situations of stress, cognitive health, nervous tension, endurance, and sexual function. Many of these situations can be impacted by the menopause, so One Nutrition Ashwagandha can be an ideal supplement to take.
Why Use Ashwagandha?
- Ashwagandha is an adaptogen herb with the ability to help balance stress
- Research has shown that supplementation with ashwagandha may help to bring biochemical markers of stress, including elevated cortisol, back into balance.
- Ashwagandha can be taken as a supplement and is best delivered in the highly regarded form of KSM66
- Adaptogen herbs help during times of stress. They assist the bodies physiological functions response to outside stressors by lowering the stress threshold. This activity supports your adrenal glands, which are important for hormonal balance. Every woman should be on adaptogen herbs for support during major hormonal changes.
- Ashwagandha promotes balance in the body. It is an adaptogen herb that supports the reduction of cortisol levels to help your body get into the rest and response state. This promotes immune system health, aids memory and clear thinking, acts as an energy booster, may lead to better & more restful sleep, and protects cells from oxidative stress.
Cleanmarine Menomin is a krill oil-based supplement that can provide support for women experiencing perimenopause, menopause, or post-menopausal issues. Cleanmarine Menomin contains a range of key nutrients including omega 3,6 &9, Iroflav, vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 & D3, biotin, and folate.
An open label, peer reviewed study demonstrated a significant reduction in menopausal symptoms when participants took two capsules of Cleanmarine Menomin for three consecutive months. Here were some of the key findings from the study:
- 82% of women felt Cleanmarine Menomin improved their quality of life.
- 82% of women would recommend Cleanmarine Menomin to a friend.
- Over 80% felt that Menomin had a positive effect on their menopause symptoms.
- 77% of women suffering from severe hot flushes saw a significant reduction within 30 days and this continued to reduce by the end of the study.
- 66% of women who had developed libido problems during their menopause noticed a significant improvement in sexual desire by the end of the study
Different supplements and practices work for different people, however, using a combination of products can help to cover more bases when it comes to combatting menopausal issues. This combination of One Nutrition Ocean Mag, One Nutrition Ashwagandha, and Cleanmarine Menomin can provide an ideal blend of essential nutritional support for women going through all stages of the menopause that can be offered to your customers in one easy bundle.