Manuka Health is the No.1 selling Manuka brand of New Zealand honey in over 25 countries!
MGO 100+ Manuka Honey is certified to contain a minimum of 100 mg/kg of methylglyoxal (MGO). The MGO number on front of pack relates to the potency of the honey - the higher the MGO, the more potent the Manuka honey.
Not All Honey Is Created Equal
Manuka Health was founded in 2006, since then we have focused on unlocking the rare and unique natural properties of monofloral New Zealand bee products and sharing them with consumers around the world. Manuka honey comes from the Manuka plant (Leptospermum scoparium), a species native to New Zealand. It was used as a traditional plant by the Maori people. While Manuka honey has been produced commercially since the 1830s, it’s only in the last 30 years that the uses of the honey have been explored with modern scientific methods.
Why Manuka Health Honey
- Methylglyoxal (MGO) is the ingredient that makes Manuka Honey so unique. The MGO rating system tests and certifies every jar for MGO potency, purity and quality.
- Clearly indicated on pack and simple to understand; MGO 100+ means there is a minimum of 100mg of MGO per 1kg of honey. (Manuka Health is also a member of the UMF association).
- Manuka Health honey undergoes rigorous testing that demonstrates authenticity and strength. Each batch is independently verified by New Zealand’s Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) as being of genuine NZ origin.
- Our honey is raw, unpasteurised and is not heat treated. It is gently warmed to filter, cream and bottle the honey. This protective process ensures you are getting a superior tasting honey with all of the wonderful natural properties.
- Manuka Health is committed to operating as sustainably as possible and never compromising on the health of our bees and ensuring we maintain the pristine beauty of New Zealand nature. This means Manuka Health honey is here to stay to be enjoyed for generations to come.
Manuka Honey Links Well With